Thursday, January 2, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2014

What a wild and crazy year 2013 was!  I am so thankful for all of the many blessings that the Lord has graciously given me and my family.  Even in the pain and hurt that occurs in our lives there are still blessings.  Still reminders that God loves us and wants the best for us.  God never leaves us.  I am reminding myself of that this new year.  I am intentionally being reminded every day because my New Year Resolution (actually, it's a goal, too!) is to read thru the entire Bible in a year.  From beginning to end. Front to back.  The garden to eternity.  Today is January 2nd and I have stayed on track.  Pray for me and my family to stay on track in our Bible reading. 

My two Resolutions I posted on my facebook page is:  1. To read the Bible in its entirety this year. 2. To do everything the Bible tells me to do.  That's it!!  Those are my two most important ones!

Of course, I have some that carry over year to year, too.  I hope this year is the last year I carry over the "Lose Weight" Resolution.  I'm so over it!!  BUT, I know I'm fat.  I know my weight is NOT healthy.  BUT - I have been going to the gym every day since November 1st so I can honestly say that I am on my way to being healthier in 2014.  I just want to be the best that I can be - physically, spiritually, financially - all of the things that I should be every day and I don't need to make that Resolution on the first of the year because it should be on my list every day - and it is. 

2014 is the year that I turn 47. Yikes!!  I turn 47, hubby turns 51, oldest son turns 21 and youngest son turns 18 and graduates from high school.  It's a year of change - a year of growth - a year of new beginnings, endings and everything in between. 

Whatever the year brings, I will live it with God being the center of my life.  I have realized that I have lived a very full and mainly STRESSED life.  I have been majorly over-committed!  I've done lots of soul searching in the last few months and after putting things down on paper I realized that I have spent more time serving the church than I have serving others. I have a blurred line on putting God first/Church first....   I have no free time.  I can't quit my job or fall below full time because I have a mortgage and one (soon to be two) son in college and retirement to continue to fund, if there will ever be such a thing in my life.  My drive to work is 30 minutes away so I do spend an hour a day going to and from.  I've just added in the gym and I get up at 4:15 every morning so that I can go to the gym and leave directly from the gym and head to work because my office is two stoplights from the gym.  I wish I had a full time job at home that would save me wear and tear on my car and gas money!  That would be nice!  I at first felt a little selfish by going to the gym, but my health really needs it. It makes me feel better. So I'm putting GOD first, FAMILY AND ME second and everything else is just going to have to get in line and wait. 

2014 here we go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment