Monday, January 7, 2013

Third and Fourth Items on my 2013 Resolutions List



The third item on my list: is not really third in importance.  It is FIRST and the most important and, like diet and exercise, is always on my list every year, because it is even more important than anything that I do in my life.  It's up there with BREATHING.  The third item is to read my Bible more.  I would love to read the entire Bible this year.  There are apps and online programs that allow you to achieve that.  There is also a program to read the entire Bible in two years.  I'm not sure which program I want to start.  I want to not only read the Bible more, but to STUDY the Scriptures more.  I have some wonderful Bible Study groups that I am in that allows me to study different books of the Bible in depth, and that always helps me in so many ways.

So, third item - Read my Bible more. 

Weekly Goal - to read DAILY Scriptures using a entire Bible in a year program from Crosswalk.Also, I do an online Bible Study through GoodMorningGirls.org and this month starts "Living Like Jesus Luke 1-8".  I love their studies! 

Monthly Goal - to attend Wednesday night Bible Study class every Wednesday night, to attend Monday night Bible Study group every Monday night and to continue with Living Like Jesus study online. 

The fourth item on my list:

To stop talking about people!  I have somehow gotten into a bad habit of talking about people!

Weekly Goal - DAILY PRAY before I speak and ask the Lord to help me lift up everyone that comes to my mind and when someone does me wrong to lift that person up in prayer instead of slam them in my mind or with my words. I also need to see them as Jesus sees them - and love everyone.   

Monthly Goal - To write words of encouragement to those around me, via email and/or cards.  My goal is to write 10 cards a month/2-3 a week. 


Proverbs 16:3 - Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed. 



No comments:

Post a Comment